December 7, 2007

Speed Racer Movie Stills

Speed Racer MovieSo is there anyone who is looking forward to the big-screen, Hollywood-adaptation of Speed Racer? I'm pretty skeptical about this whole movie since, well, I don't really know why I'm skeptical at all (^_^;)

Anyway, the (important) cast for this May 9, 2008 movie are:
  • Speed - Emile Hirsch
  • Trixie - Christina Ricci
  • Mom Racer - Susan Sarandon
  • Pops Racer - John Goodman
  • Racer X - Matthew Fox
  • Rex Racer - Scott Porter
  • Spritle - Paulie Litt
  • Sparky - Kick Gurry
  • ...and others
Here are some of the screen shots for the movie. Any thoughts on these? Oh and thoughts on the Mach-5?

Speed Racer Movie Speed Racer Movie Speed Racer Movie Speed Racer Movie Speed Racer Movie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the skeptical part...althought I ask myself why too. We'll see how the live action does!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking that it's the same reason as to why I'm skeptical about watching the live-action Dragon Ball movie.

Random by Design said...

Well I wouldnt be surprised if the actual racing scenes will be aweseome, as for the story. Remember, how the anime was in the US. I hope none of the actos speak or act like the anime's english counterpart. Otherwise I am sure the movie is meant to be funny anyways, and Cheezyness = hilarity.

Unknown said...

Lol I remember those voices! They were really funny but a bit over-acting too.