November 13, 2007

Yaoi in Genshiken!!

genshiken ogiueI'm basically just going to rant, but Genshiken episode 5 did not appeal to me at all!! Honestly, Ogiue liking yaoi (uhm that's a genre focusing on love between men) is okay, but making an episode about this is crazy.

Okay, okay, maybe I'm over-reacting but I never really liked yaoi. (Yuri is a whole different topic.) I find it unusual and weird, bordering on plain gross. I was expecting to see some more progress on the story (if there ever was a story in Genshiken), but the whole episode is just about Ogiue planning to create a yaoi doujinshi using the men of Genshiken as the characters.

Yep, these are the pairings:
  • Sasahara x Madarame
  • Madarame x Tanaka
  • Sasahara x Kousaka
  • Madarame x Kugayama
  • Madarame x Kuchiki
Sigh, yes, mostly Madarame as he seems to be uke according to Ogiue. Oh that means the "bottom" in homosexual relationships. Inevitably, as the question of whether Ogiue will create the doujin or not still hangs, I'm sure I'll see this yaoi-themed Genshiken next episode, and hopefully, not the one after that.

Does anyone of you read or watch yaoi?

Yuri?

...both?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ogi-chan liking yaoi makes perfect sense. Especially if you read/watch the whole series.

And this episode really does help progress the story of Genshiken, if, like me, you feel that it's part romantic comedy.

Yes, I do read and watch any and all Yaoi I can get my hands on. Yuri I'm not interested in so much. It's funny, I'd rather watch real girls instead of anime girls, but I'd rather watch anime guys instead of real guys XD

Unknown said...

I just liked the first season of Genshiken more. Genshiken 2 became a little bit more complex and serious - when all I wanted was an anime that is easy and fun to watch..