November 16, 2007

On Dragon Ball, Astro Boy and a bit of randomness

Okay, first up, the lead actors for the upcoming Dragon Ball movie has been announced and here they are:

justin chatwin gokuGoku
(Justin Chatwin)


james marsters piccoloPiccolo
(James Marsters)


And your thoughts, please? Can you actually imagine them playing Goku and Piccolo? Well, Piccolo sure, since he'll be heavily covered with make-up, but Goku?? Anyway, the movie is directed by James Wong (The One), produced by Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle) and will be released on August 15, 2008.

Next up, I have here the first concept art picture for the upcoming Astro Boy movie. It was given to First Showing and if you want to see the picture a bit bigger, just follow the link.

astro boy movie concept art
Lastly, I did promise a "bit of randomness" so here goes:

A man was arrested last November 14 for stealing 101 volumes of manga, including the titles Hana Yori Dango and Case Closed, from Edogawa. Apparently, he stole them to sell them to used books stores because he's broke and in debt. An employee from a neighboring bicycle shop saw him with his cargo and alerted the police.

Asahi Shimbun

7 comments:

Izzy said...

Ok heres what I have to say and don't start yelling at me for this. I personally can't stand DBZ. My brother watches it all the time so I have had to sit threw it many times. I honestly could not imagine either of those two in their roles.

Random by Design said...

The picked both great producer and director as for the actors, I think James can make a pretty good piccolo with some makeup, I am assuming it being Dragonball he will be portraying Piccolo Daimo not the dbz piccolo, and one thing he can do is play a pretty good bad guy. Not sure about his accent though... As for Goku, Justin who?

Unknown said...

@kitty I was never a fan of DBZ either, so don't worry, I won't yell at you =)

@santa He's the one who played Tom Cruise's son in War of the Worlds.

Random by Design said...

never bothered to see that movie. for some reason tom cruise movies dont interest me.

Black_Mamba said...

I love DBZ!!!

I'm not even sure who James Marsters is but he'd make a very handsome Piccolo. Just my 2 cents. :)

Random by Design said...

piccolo is mostly makeup and special effects so anyone can really play him, masters has some background in fighting cause of buffy at least. As for piccolo still having an english accent, I am not sure..

Unknown said...

Well just imagine you're watching a dubbed movie whenever Piccolo would talk. I'm sure there's no way to imagine that when Goku's on though.