March 5, 2008

Learn how to cook effortlessly!

Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends
Title: Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends
Developer: Office Create
Platform: Nintendo DS
Release: 2007

So I finished playing Cooking Mama 2. In this second installment, you get to cook with 9 other characters aside from Mama. Thing is, you have to unlock them first - which is fairly easy since you just need to finish one recipe per new character. The game play is still the same although personally, I think it's easier to cook this time around.

In Cooking Mama, I always had trouble whenever I cut meat but in Cooking Mama 2, I have a choice of which knife I'll use. Slicing has never been easier! Oh and you get to choose between a whisk and long chopsticks for mixing too.

Bonuses are pretty easy to get - usually when you finish a task within 30 seconds (game time). If you get 5 bonuses after finishing a recipe, you get to choose one out of three gifts. These gifts aren't really anything big: they're just a bunch of stuff that you can put on your "pictures" like frames, animals, facial expressions, etc. About the "pictures," you can take pictures of the food you create - I only take pictures of the food that I designed myself lol (^ v ^)

Other gifts include outfits and accessories for Mama, kitchen stuff and layouts for the house. I dressed my Mama in something that really shouldn't be worn in the kitchen.. Well, when cooking, at least.

One of the things that I didn't really like about the game is the overly-excessive flowers and hearts sprouting all over the screen when you finish the game with a gold or silver medal. Yeah I'm well-aware that the game is for girls, but man... There is such a thing as too much. Those flowers especially...they explode on your screen!

Another thing is...Mama's voice. I can't describe it, but you'll know what I mean if you hear it. It's funny-annoying. Really.

Well the gameplay is easy enough, the graphics isn't bad either. If I'm to rate Cooking Mama 2, I'd give it a 6.5-7 out of 10. It gets boring after you finish the recipes and there's hardly anything new when you start playing the "Let's Cook" part with the other characters. It's the same food over and over again so you pretty much ace it towards the middle.

Then again, I like to cook...so Cooking Mama 2: Dinner with Friends is something I'd recommend to those who like cooking - and food - too! :3

No comments: