March 25, 2008

Blade of the Immortal -- animated!

Blade of the Immortal animeI can't believe it but it's finally here: a Blade of the Immortal anime! It's coming out on summer (in Japan). Yoshimitsu Yamashita will design the characters. Why mention him? Because he's the animation director of Samurai Champloo so this will be interesting. Well you can already see how the animated characters will look like in that picture above. So yeah...

Anyway, the seiyuu are:

Manji - Tomokazu Seki
Rin Asano - Rina Satou
Kagehisa Anotsu - Hirofumi Nojima
Taito Magatsu - Kazuya Nakai
Sabato Kurui - Masashi Ebara
Eikou Shizuma - Katsuyuki Konishi
Araya Kawakami - Daisuke Namikawa
Makie Otono-Tachibana - Mamiko Noto
Hyakurin - Megumi Toyoguchi
Giichi - Toshiyuki Morikawa
Shira - Shinichiro Miki
Machi - Maaya Sakamoto

Gaaah I can't wait. I really can't wait. Another samurai anime to add to my favorites! Ehem... The official site is up and you can visit it here.

So anyone aside from me looking forward the the Blade of the Immortal anime?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd been hoping for an adaptation for this for such a long time. I wish they could have kept the brutal look of the manga line art, but that would have been too difficult. The whole Bee Train behind the production thing is a little bit of a question mark, but I'll definitely check it out.

Anonymous said...

Omg! the blood of a thousand is here! I remember buying the manga at comic quest some years ago, I never finished it but this is my favorite manga ever! hope the anime is as stunning as the manga. Wonderful news ^^

Unknown said...

@shini I haven't finished it yet either but I'm soooo hoping that they'd release a figure of Manji soon!

@super rats Hehe yeah I was hoping for an edgier look on the characters too. But oh well X_X