January 18, 2008

Totoro at the bus stop!

totoro statueSankai -- A 43-year-old man, who goes by the name of Yamamichi Yoshiyuki, erects a statue of the famous Hayao Miyazaki character Totoro of the My Neighbor Totoro fame.

The umbrella-carrying statue stands alone at a local bus stop.

The statue is made of boat cushioning, wood scraps and polystyrene. Totoro's purpose? "To improve the image of the area."

It's really cool because the woody background plus the bus stop makes it a picturesque scene taken right out of the anime.

What time will the Neko-Bus arrive?

Source

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, creepy how it reminds me of the anime. Totoro freaked me out when he showed up out of no where in the movie, but I like the anime as it leaves a feel good impression on me. I guess it's a good thing they didn't make him life-size or it might have scared people passing by lol.

Unknown said...

I think it would really be cute though if it were life-sized hehe..

Anonymous said...

wow, I'm a big fan of My neighbor totoro. I'd like to have something like that on my own lawn lol^^