January 2, 2014

Yu Yu Hakusho - Kurama

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all! Better late than never, right?

So anyway, I got Yu Yu Hakusho's Kurama by Kotobukiya a couple of weeks ago. It's a good figure with a good sculpt.


He's part of the ArtFX-J line and so far, they've released 5 characters from the anime: Hiei, Kurama, Yusuke, Kuwabara and of course, Kurama the Fox. I have three out of the five (Hiei and the two Kuramas) because as I think I've mentioned, I'm streamlining.

Moving on, I think the face sculpt could have bit a little bit slimmer than how it currently is.

Still a bishie, so who am I to complain?

As for the pose, he looks pretty badass, with all the "movement" of his clothes and hair. Oh yes, the hair looks perfect, by the way...all that silvery goodness that has a gradient gray color scheme.

The figure also comes with an extra arm, so you can change the way he's posed. One's the "BANG!" arm that I've used in the pictures while the other one's what I call the "Rawr" arm.

"RAWR..."

Onto the base. I found Fox Kurama's base to be a bit unstable compared to the other two Yu Yu figures that I have. It's elevated from the center; a circular 'leg' extends a half-inch away from the edge of the base. This made it harder to attach the figure to the pegs on the base as it occasionally tilted when I was fitting the feet in.

Ethereal print for an ethereal character

Oh right, the box. Meh, it's plain.

And to end this post, here are a few more crappy shots:





No comments: