September 17, 2009

Fushigi Yuugi on my DS!

Fushigi Yuugi DSSo I was late in finding out that my favorite anime of all time, Fushigi Yuugi (by Yuu Watase), has been made into a game for Nintendo DS. It was released last June 25, 2009 by Idea Factory. Finally! There's an FY game that I can actually play. I missed the first two games on PS2 and since I don't own a PSP, I didn't play the game made for it either.

It's quite awesome that there are two games in one cartridge (or rom *wink*). One focuses on Fushigi Yuugi itself, with Hotohori and Tamahome and I think I'm going to cry again as I saw that scene where Nuriko was dying while watching the promo video. So there's that and the other game has Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden as its plot. To be perfectly honest, Fushigi Yuugi Suzaku still holds the number 1 spot in my heart~ more than any of Yuu Watase's works.

There are two versions to the game - the difference of which is that the limited release includes a drama CD. So the regular version's the one pictured above while the limited looks like this:
Fushigi Yuugi DS LimitedBummer though that it's in Japanese! Why do they make the best anime games in Japanese only?! Can't they (the developers) understand that there are international fans too??

Either way, I'm still going to play it and just hope that someone comes up with a full translation that I can follow lol X3

Here's the trailer:


The regular Fushigi Yuugi and the limited Fushigi Yuugi are on sale now~

Oh and game development companies, please do release your games in English!!

2 comments:

Snark said...

Holy jesus fuck, I remember watching this while I was back in school O.o

I'm surprised they're making a FY game given how old the source material is

Unknown said...

Well Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden is still an on-going work of awesomeness so it's pretty much fresh :D