August 12, 2011

Hooray for Cheap Artbooks

Tenjou Tenge Animation the Great
I was finally able to get a copy of the Tenjou Tenge: Animation The Great! artbook. Lucky for me, my friend was selling his for a mere Php800 - less than $20.

That's already quite cheap, considering artbooks usually cost double when you buy them from bookstores. You don't have that much of a selection when it comes to the available titles, even from stores who specialize in comics.

This book is in pristine condition, covered in plastic wrapper with no creases at all. I've always been a fan of Tenjou Tenge, Maya especially, so the artbook's a great piece for me.

The Art of the Matrix

Moving on, this is what I got for the boyfriend as a gift.

The Art of The Matrix.

It was at 50% off, slashing the price from Php757.50 to Php378.75 only. For a hardbound book that's still in its shrink-wrap, I'd say this was a very good deal.

I've never been a fan of The Matrix, mostly because the first time I watched it, I felt like I was watching Serial Experiments Lain. Now don't take me wrong: I find Lain good -- after I watched it the second time, so maybe I should re-watch The Matrix again, just to see if I can finally understand the plot :D

No comments: