October 14, 2008

Lovesick

Lovesick manga

Title: Lovesick
Story & Art: Maria
Volumes: 2
Genre: Shoujo

Lovesick is about Yue, a high school student who lives with her young and good-looking step-father, Kouki. Yue is dating someone from her school but she soon realizes that the one she's really in love with is Kouki. She tries hard to keep her feelings inside her because she's afraid that she might ruin her relationship with her step-dad if she tells him.

I don't think I want to continue giving a summary of the story as it will ruin it for those who want to read Lovesick. It's a good story, though a short one at that. Yue is shown as a typical teenager who experiences how it is to fall in love but at the same time, she undergoes terrible anxiety because of that same love. Is it even considered incest even though they aren't really blood-related?

Anyway, Kouki is an interesting character. He's easy-going and aloof, probably because of his age (a dad of a 16-year-old at 27!), but at the same time, he cares for Yue a lot. It kinda makes you wonder if he's lovesick about Yue too ^^ That or he sees Yue's mom in her ^^;

Lovesick's artwork is good. The characters look pretty, long eyelashes and all. Although, come to think of it, the males and females look alike, save for the hair. It's all good though ^^ I do like the way their eyes and hair are toned and shaded and all that stuff. Their expressions are also drawn well as they really show when the characters are emoting.

Lovesick also has two side stories included: Koukando Equals and Diamond. I didn't really like Diamond as much as Koukando Equals. I thought Diamond's story was a tad shallow lol. Koukando Equals had a lot of emotions in it and were expressed really well by the plot so it's worth reading.

I'd recommend Lovesick to those who like shoujo stories. Guys wouldn't like this at all, I'm sure ;_;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks like a very good read. I like this type of artstyle for both the men and women.

It always sucks to be lovesick. I'm really glad that I don't have to deal with that anymore, lol.

Thanks for the comment - I've been unenthusiastic to update it especially when my stuff doesn't get saved.