October 11, 2007

Kimagure Orange Road

kimagure orange roadTitle: Kimagure Orange Road
Story & Art: Matsumoto Izumi
Volumes: 18
Genre: Shounen

Well I know that I'm probably a few years too late, but I just finished reading Kimagure Orange Road. What have I got to say? I liked it. Not loved, just liked.

Overall, the story was a good one, a guy caught between two girls who both like him back. But 18 volumes just for that? I mean, it was really dragging at some point, where in Kasuga could've easily picked between Ayukawa and Hikaru. But noooo.. He had to keep on being indecisive.

I also kinda found the side stories, as well as the little anecdotes to be quite tiresome at some parts. Don't get me wrong though. Some were pretty funny and amusing. The story ended well too. You kinda get the sense that it was rushed, and it was pretty predictable too come volume 17, but it was still a lovely ending. (I'm such a sucker for these stories.)

Then I found out earlier that the reason why the ending felt rushed was because the manga was cancelled, but thanks to the wideban version, it was expanded a bit.

Well for those of you who haven't read it yet, it's worth a try. If you find it dragging and repetitive halfway, tough it out! You already started it ^_^

...don't think I'll have enough energy (and patience) to watch the anime though if the way the story goes is still the same. Suggestions?

1 comment:

WebMaster. said...

I read in many year ago, but i love it. and i love Ayukawa and Hikaru so much ^_^